Brought to you by the small African children who harvest my coffee.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Free-market principles of prostitution

OK -- So... working as maintenance staff at a golfing ranger, I get to be the guy who picks up the balls at the end of each day. Driving around, I've got a whole lot of time to just think.

And today I was thinking about how prostitution is legal in Germany. I was wondering... Does that mean that Germany has publicly traded companies which specialize in hookers? I hope so. I like to think that, as soon as FIFA announced that the 2006 World Cup would be held in Germany, the floor of the German Stock Exchange went ballistic. I picture a room full of sweaty, business-type folks, flailing and trying to convey messages and hand signals across the floor as the room is filled with shouts of "HOOKERS! BUY HOOKERS!" yelled over and over again in thick German accents.

And what about those backroom conversations prior to the FIFA announcement, between professional looking dudes in suits? "OK, you've got to buy hookers when they're at their lowest, then after they get really high, sell 'em before they go down on you."

Hilarious. You crazy liberal Germans.